Thursday, February 19, 2015

New Work Showing at Peters Projects in Santa Fe


Santa Fe's wonderful Axle Contemporary is moving indoors for a while, hosted by Peters Projects.  In celebration of Axle's fifth year of bringing New Mexico artists to the local scene via it's mobile gallery, "Axle Indoors" gathers together over 150 artists that have participated in Axle's exhibitions over the years.

Two of my most recent paintings are included in the show.  I am very excited about this new direction in my work -- a more expansive exploration of the grid. I have enlarged each unit of the grid composition, and emphasized a horizontal format which references the desert landscape.  I have also pared down my palette to essentially black and white (with some neutral shades of brown, green, and gold).  Although inherently minimal in composition and color, there is an opportunity to work with light, texture, and spatial effects that I am really enjoying.

If you are in the Santa Fe area, I hope you'll stop by Peters Projects and take a look at the exhibition and my new paintings.  There will also be a poetry reading and performance on Saturday, March 14th, from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.


Avatar, 2015, oil on linen, 16 x 15 inches



Yamala, 2015, oil on linen, 16 x 15 inches





No comments: